donderdag 9 april 2009

Maundy Thursday

For the tradition which I handed on to you came to me from the Lord himself: that the Lord Jesus, on the night of his arrest, took bread and, after giving thanks to God, broke it and said: 'This is my body, which is for you; do this as a memorial of me.' In the same way, he took the cup after supper, and said:'This cup is the new covenant sealed by my blood. Whenever you drink it, do this as a memorial of me.' For every time you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the death of the Lord, until he comes.

1 Corinthians 11 : 23-26

After 20 centuries still the believers in Him eat the bread and drink the wine, until He comes.
Yes still we do expect Him in faith to set us all free and establish his Kingdom promised through he prophets and by Jesus Christ himself.
'And here is one point, my friends, which you must not lose sight of: with the Lord one day is like a thousand years and a thousand years like one day. It is not that the Lord is slow in fulfilling his promise, as some suppose, but that he is very patient with you, because it is not his will for any to be lost,but for all to come to repentance.'

2 Peter 3 : 8-9

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten